Friday, July 20, 2012

rich girl



I have a friend who has taught me this truth lately. (Katy you know I'm talkin' bout you.)

Education would also fall into this category. I guess you could also buy stocks, and they could pay off and make you richer, but I'm talking about real riches here. 

Here's what I want you to do: take a minute and remember a trip you took with your family as a kid. Think about the actual travel part. Think about the destination, and the food you had, and the funny things that happened.

What is that memory worth to you?

We talked about just flying to our destination for our summer trip. But, you know, I think there is something to be said about road trippin' with your kids. The misery. The smell. The togetherness. It's a hellofa long haul eh? Memories people. Memories. 

We are road trippin' today. We are driving cross country in the family wagon. We are taking treats. We are taking movies. We are not taking the dog. Although that was, at one point, an irrational thought.
We have quite a few trips planned for the rest of the year. Big trips and little trips. Trips with kids and without.  

I am so excited to see where all of these journeys take us.  I feel rich.

**** If you are looking to enrich your own life, there is still room for you if you'd like to come to Morocco with Mindy and I in October.****

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have so many memories of road trips with my family throughout my childhood, and none of them were by flying!

Have a wonderful, safe trip.

Nancy Wyatt said...

I hope y'all have a great time! Hugs from Texas!

Anonymous said...

This theme is very important - people travel a lot and spend money. Reward are memories, feelings, excitement - the new shopping item cann't fullfill.

Unknown said...

Wow what a fabulous post.I am inspired from this post.I will come back as soon.



Thanks for more sharing....





Brass Findings
Brass Findings
Brass Findings

Gina said...

I miss your blog, April! I hope you come back soon.