Wednesday, April 25, 2012

what a few old papers can do...


The Sugar Daddy had some wood left over from a project he had been working on so I asked him to cut me some squares.

I have been wanting to do this collage project for some time and I finally had the perfect canvas for it.

I'm a little bit of an ephemera nut. I mean I really like old paper.  I find fun stuff all over the place. I'm not above pulling old wrappers out of the trash or picking them up off the ground.  I also have a few sources I buy from that carry really great old items.

I have built up quite a collection and I wanted to share some with those of you who like this sort of stuff as well. It's great for ATC cards, scrap booking, canvas art and package embellishing.

Here are some ephemera elements for you to download and use in your art.

Download the JPG here.

Download the PNG here.


I have created more block collages and hopefully they will be available commercially soon.

I will try to scan and share some of my collection every now and then so check back often!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

You amaze me every time, these are soooo cool! love it! what a great idea, we have some wood, maybe I will try this :)

Cristina Becchio said...

wow absolutely mighty cool, just what i was having in mind but couldnt figure out how to do it! Here i give you a link where i spent about 6 hours looking through all that goodies. vintage old papers tickets etc. etc. www.silvercrowcreations.com maybe you knew them already...otherwise have fun and stop shopping when your visa starts to glow ;)
Cristina