Friday, February 10, 2012

journey


Well we're off.

Tomorrow we will hop on a plane and take the kids to play in the snow. 

And when I say "hop on a plane", what I really mean is pack for hours, drag crying children out of bed early in the morning, schelp ourselves to the airport, disrobe the children and ourselves to go through security, eat a fattening meal and wrestle the babies for two hours to keep them quiet on the flight.

I pray one of them doesn't poop during the flight. Been there. Done that. Don't want to do it again.

My friend Wendy Whitacre is a photographer who just started a world tour. Yesterday, on her flight to Costa Rica, a woman gave birth. In the airplane. No kidding.

Now if I could just get something like that to happen, and divert the attention from my noisy kids, I'd be golden.

But you know, it's all good. I've been beaten down learned enough to know that family vacations are important. Are they miserable? Yes. But important.

Au revoir my lovelies. I see you on the other side of hell.






4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, good luck with that. :(

Kari said...

You're not bringing them to Utah, are you? We have boycotted the snow this year--traces at best. We're all very disappointed and would hate to disappoint your clan as well. Unless you know something about those dingy clouds that we don't--bringing the snow with you, perhaps?

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Have a wonderful time. xo tam

Sherri said...

That's funny, at my last airline I was trained on what to do if someone delivered a baby. Thankfully I never had to deal with that.

Hopefully you get nice flight attendants who have had children. I'm a better flight attendant now that I'm a mom (very very very understanding and much more helpful). I'm amazed by some flight attendants I've had that give dirty looks and say mean stupid things. :)