Thursday, October 21, 2010

girl crush

I have a girl crush on Anna Marie Horner.  Her fabrics are so my style.  I would love to spend an afternoon in her studio with her. Just watching her create.

This woman has six kids.  She runs her own successful business. She creates amazing things. She makes the most artful quilts. She's on my short list of people I want to be like (minus three kids).

I don't have the time to sew all the projects I want for the kids in Handmade Beginnings.  I'm a beginning seamstress and it takes me a long time to get things right. So I handed off my projects to my mother-in-law who is a sewing maven.  Like seriously.  Back in the day she used to sew dress shirts for her husband.  She's hard core.


She did a beautiful job on the kids pants just like I knew she would.  I love to dress my babies alike. Obnoxious I know, but I think I'm entitled to a wee bit of obnoxious mothering considering all the time and effort I put in.


Yes that is a bald spot on the back of Frankie's head. His hair style just keeps getting better and better.































I used the fabric I had on hand to make these pants, however, if I had been more patience, I would have bought some of Anna's.

This  is my all time favorite fabric from Anna's collection. I used it in my studio.


The above photo shows the Folksy Flannel collection. Dying to get my hands on some of this.

All of Anna'a patterns are dreamy.  Me thinks I need that skirt.





You can buy a signed copy of Handmade Beginning as well as fabric and other goodies directly from Anna in her on-line shop.

I just ordered the fabric to have my mother-in-law sew jackets for the babies. I really like this arrangement.  I get meticulously sewn clothes for my kids and she gets, well..., a project. Hmmm. I might have to throw something her way to sweeten the deal.

All photos are via Anna Marie Horner except the ones of my kids of course.

5 comments:

abode said...

OK Chick-a-liscious I am absolutely convinced there isn't anything you can't do (except maybe speak urdu)!!

Love ya

Mindy Gledhill said...

Wow. I don't blame you. Gorgeous fabrics. But I'm still going to have to punch her in the face because I thought your girl crush was on me.

michelle hill said...

Mindy that was funny! April I have been follwoing her blog for years, she has such a pretty home to.. :) :) TFS..xo xo m

PAM HAIRFIELD said...

Your babies are precious! I love babies!! My babies are all grown up, but now I get to love on my grandbaby! Hoping to add to the bunch very soon. Hip-hip hurray!

ps.... those pants are "sew" cute!
I feel the need to sew. :)

tollestrupfamily said...

Ummm - can Kaleb borrow Henry's clothes? SO cute!