Wednesday, June 02, 2010

regarding moselle

Moselle on the Rocks

"Style is the mind skating circles around itself as it moves forward" -Robert Frost

The man behind the desk asked her a simple question and yet her mind raced and stumbled and she wondered where to begin.

"Yes,and what is your personal sense of style Miss?"

"Well, I...I am, I mean I like, which is to say, I gravitate towards things, or rather, items, that say, well not "say" in a literal way but in a figurative way, that say well...this."

And she laid her well loved album gingerly on the desk and turned it to face the man.

"Miss Moselle?" he asked bewildered by this strange answer to his stock question.

"This is me, well not me, but everything I love. Photos and things I've collected over the years..." Her voice trailed off.

The man looked down at the album and tentatively opened the first page to a new world.

Moselle Collage

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Mmmm... pretty....

Stef said...

Every time I read one of your posts, I think to myself - who in the world were the crazy publishers that wouldn't publish your manuscripts???

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

you never fail to amaze me with your words. i leave here inspired every single time. thank you for that.