Monday, December 21, 2009

persuasion

I don't live where is snows. I like it that way.

Last Friday it was eighty degrees and I wore flip flops while I baked Christmas goodies.

But every now and then my dad likes to remind me how beautiful the snow can be. He sends me photographs that he has taken around his icy home. Maybe it is his last ditch effort to persuade me to move back closer to my family.

It's not a bad tactic. It works pretty good.

For about ten minutes or so, and then I realize I really like to look at snowy photos, but I love living in a warm climate.

Nice try Dad. Your photos are amazing, but I think I'll stay right where I am.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yes. Those photos are amazing and you can look at them all day. On the other hand, I like to be in snow for about ten minutes. I love living in sunny southern California and feel blessed every single day that I do!

artgoodies said...

Stunning photos!

From the Kitchen said...

I'm just the opposite. We moved to Chicago from La Jolla. In La Jolla, I (a Virginia native) quickly grew bored with the perfect weather. I like to go back to visit but am happy with Chicago's changing seasons and snow. But, to each his own!!

Sherri said...

I had a layover in San Diego on Saturday and couldn't believe how hot it was... Felt like summer (I was dressed for winter). :) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Cindy at LottieBird said...

Beautiful photos. Tempting. But he did not post the pics of the kids in their many layers, and the wind blowing me over whilst trekking to the car, lugging said layers through the stores, you know the drill.