Thursday, July 16, 2009

the perfect gift


One of my most favorite gifts Amelie has received are these little book plates from her Aunt Julie. Aren't they the sweetest?

I worked in children's books for a few years before we had Thomas. Needless to say, most of my paychecks went back to the store. I have a collection of hundreds of children's picture books. I can't even begin to tell you how happy it makes me to finally have children to read them.

Julie got Amelie's book plates from a store on Etsy called Oiseaux.

Here's some more of my favorite designs available.




Julie is the queen of thoughtful, original gifts, a talent I dearly wish I possessed. I am usually left stumped and befuddled when I shop for others. Is it better to give than recieve? Not when Julie's buyin'.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so glad you love them. They're almost as sweet as Amelie! ox.

brooke said...

wawow!!! i am absolutely in love with the elizabeth one...wow!

Elizabeth said...

That is the perfect gift. And I'm wondering whether I can order some and retroactively put them into the hundreds of books that we own.