Thursday, July 09, 2009

a gaggle for the girlie


Little Miss Barfs-a-Lot has kept me doing load after load of laundry the past seven weeks and we all know how much I adore laundry.

Yesterday I snapped. I hauled out my sewing machine, which I inherited from Ben's grandma when she died. I think it was made in 1968. True story. It still works. Kind of.

I made Birdie a gaggle of bibs to sop up all the spit-up. I bet you didn't know that a group of bibs was called a gaggle.


That would be because I just made that up.

Anywho, I sewed for a good four hours and made enough bibs to last at least a week without doing wash.

I also sewed a couple for little Sam who has been sick these last few days and the doctors keep poking him with needles and the like. Poor Sam.


************************************
AHEM.

The winner of the Summer Photo Contest, by three votes, including Tommy B.'s, is Elizabeth who took the photo of the boy in the sand. The judges said that this photo most epitomizes Summer. Congrats Elizabeth. Please contact me about customizing your rings!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow!!! I'm so very excited! Thank you so much! The boy in the sand is my crazy son, Oliver who is eight years old.

Thank you again -- it means a lot and I'm thrilled about the rings...

Terri Fisher said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth!

Corinne said...

April, I am always so impressed with your use of time...not only because you get so much done (and done beautifully) but because you always make sure to share it with us. Love your blog still! and, I can't believe Birdy's been home 7 weeks!
Congrats to your photo winner too!