Tuesday, May 12, 2009

nesting and other such endeavours


I can't quite believe that in one week I will have a daughter. The thought is so overwhelming to me I can't think about it for too long or I start to feel like I can't catch my breath.


It is amazing how similar it feels to my last week of pregnancy with the boy. I am officially nesting. And because I have already decorated the nursery, washed every stitch of clothing, assembled the bassinet next to our bed, sterilized the bottles and binkies, packed the suitcases, bought diapers and wipes and all things in the derriere department, I am left with art.

I have channeled all my energy into carving rubber stamps. Strange? I know. But I have to be doing something. My DIY ADD won't allow for idleness.


Here are the stamps I have made over the last few days.

















Stamp carving is completely relaxing. I am trying to get Sugar Daddy to give it a go. If you can doodle a drawing, you can make your own stamp. Simple as that. Maybe someday I'll get the crafty chicks together for a lesson.


But for now, I'll continue to carve and wait.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing...I didn't know you could do that :)

Terri Fisher said...

You are so creative! I'm amazed by all the things you come up with. I can't wait to hear how everything goes over the next couple of weeks! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

SWEEEET!

Corinne said...

April...is there no end to your talent? These are gorgeous and delicate and so imaginative. Your kids are/will be lucky to have you as a mommy!

Lynnae said...

Those are so gorgeous! What do you carve them into? You are so talented!

Mama Marks said...

they are really cool carvings april, will you be mass producing them & adding them to your etsy any time soon??!! xx

amy broadbent said...

April,
you are so talented!!!! You were blessed with so many talents. thanks for sharing them with us less talented people. I love reading your blog. You are such a good writer, you pull me in everytime. I am so happy for you and your family! Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your new little girl. A baby always brings so much joy into a home. I hope this week goes fast for you!
take care
Amy

annie said...

love the stamps! what materials are you using? I wanna try!