Friday, January 02, 2009

happy new year


We are back from the cold North. Sixty-three degrees never felt so good. We drove twelve hours through the blustering wind and arrived back at our home on the coast at one this afternoon. We clomped up to our beds and settled in for a long winter's nap which felt sooooo good.

Tonight we have the fireplace going and the British version of The Office on DVD. I am going to get out my yarn and needles and settle in.

I'm so glad to be home, but I will miss my family. I hardly ever get to see my nieces and nephews and I wish I could hug them once more and pinch their cheeks like all good aunts are supposed to do.

I will particularly miss the mischievous giggle of this little sprite.

4 comments:

Laura said...

love the balloons.
and I miss my nieces and nephews too...they are all 3,000 miles away....

happy new year

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting.

Did you enjoy uk version of The Office? I have not seen the US version, but I have heard it is full of "beautiful people" - unlike ours!

s zuklich said...

i just wanted to let you know that i received the earrings i won from you in the mail and they are just darling! thank you SO much. bloglines is having a hard time getting your feed, so i am behind in reading your blog. i didn't want you to think i fell off the face of the earth;)
great photos, btw:)

Kari said...

Glad you made it home safely. Sad that I missed seeing you.