Thursday, December 04, 2008

scrapologie


Well- it's finished. Pretty much. I just need to add a sparkle here and a ear wire there.

I give you the Secondsister Winter Collection:
Scrapologie

For this collection I tried where ever possible to use vintage costume pieces that were broken or otherwise useless. I clipped and twisted and glued until I shaped each piece into something beautiful. I was shooting for old Hollywood glamour and I think I achieved just that.


One of the main components in this collection is silk ribbon. The ribbon I used was cut from old parachutes, then dyed to create some of the most luxurious embellishments I've ever seen.


The winner of the Winter Glam Earrings pictured above is Shannon Zuklich from Untamed! Congratulations! I hope you enjoy wearing these earrings. They truly are chandeliers for your ears. I used old chandelier crystals on the bottom. A second set of these earrings will be available in my shop tomorrow.

The winner of the drawing for the post of November 14th is Tessa Nelson of Walking the Ladybugs. Tessa, please let me know which piece of jewelry you would like.

As I said before, the Scrapologie Collection is a mini collection so there are a limited number of items, almost all of which are one-of-a-kind. I will be listing pieces in my shop starting Friday and hopefully have everything up by Sunday. Do stop by and take a look.
I owe a big thank you to my model and friend who so graciously let me use her neck to showcase my jewels.
Okay everyone, get ready. Tomorrow starts the "Favorite Things" giveaways. 10 days, 10 fabulous giveaways!

11 comments:

clare b said...

What a stunning model!!! I lurve this collection. So very elegant. I love old movie star glamour. Lush.

Wendy said...

April, you truely are amazing, I love every piece and can't wait to see the rest.

Digital Misfit said...

STUNNING new collection. Thank you for using your piece of the fashion world to bring back true glamour! There is nothing like it.

tamifoulger said...

April. The pieces look fabulous darling! Thanks Clare! I should have charged her. Ha Ha.

T.Allen said...

What a beautiful collection.

Amyesq said...

Wow. These are amazing!

Gabby319 said...

OMG, fantastic jewelry. I love your jewelry pieces. You do fantastic work and right up my alley!!! I wish I could afford it all. I am very picky about my jewelry and so much of the stuff on the markets today (both handmade and commercial) are so just not me. Therefore, I just do not buy any of it. I don't wear jewelry very often for this very reason. I would wear yours as much as I possibly could. Please keep putting pieces up to show even after the giveaways. I will come back to your blog a see it if you do. I don't normally come back to many blogs after a contest as they just don't show many exciting things afterwards.

Casii said...

Coveting that pearl necklace with the blue ribbon!

s zuklich said...

again, thank you so much! i am excited to get something so beautiful in the mail... i can't wait!

and that pearl necklace... so beautiful.

i just can't wrap my head around it... making ribbon from a parachute?!?! you have a wonderful eye!

Unknown said...

Love your jewelry! It's beautiful :)

ChelMo said...

You're so talented.