Saturday, December 13, 2008

j. austinryan- "favorite thing" #9



If I could start over, and decorate Thom's room again, I would use J. AUSTINRyan paintings as my inspiration.


I love anything that looks like classic childhood toys, and these paintings are right up my alley.


Marnie Vollenhals is the mother of three sons and the artist behind J. AUSTINRyan. Before becoming a mother, she worked as the art director of a children's furniture company and developed a keen eye for stylish children's art. She sells her paintings to stores across the country.

Her pieces chronicle the life of her own little dog "Hawk", and his adventures with other animals. Marnie is also open to commission work, which really tempts me to have a portrait of Finnigan done, even though the beast ate my last two protein bars and tore apart a really great bow from Anthropologie while I was away today.

You can find more of J. AUSTINRyan art on her Etsy shop. I am amazed at how reasonable her prices are for original work. If you have a little someone in your life who might love a picture of "Hawk" on their wall, click on over and check out the shop. You can also check out Marnie's blog and see what she is working on.

Besides being a great artist, Marnie is just a really nice person. I love to read her blog entries because she has such a happy fun outlook on life.


Marnie is giving away one of her originals here on Suaviloquy! This piece is entitled "Red Red Fox". It retails for $30. Please leave a comment to be in the drawing. All "Favorite Things" drawings will take place on Dec. 15th. Check back in to see if you are listed as one of the winners.


23 comments:

Michelle Springer said...

Cute stuff.

artcsara said...

very whimsical and creative. All her pieces would look great in a nursery or child's room.

Thank you again!

http://artcsara.etsy.com

artcsara @gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Those ARE darling...AND the prices are great!

Randi A. said...

what adorable illustrations! i love them!

Amber said...

Wow - this is amazing. I would be so thrilled to win! I have seen her pieces at Anthropologie :)

hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

David & Becky said...

Her pieces have great personality.

Hyla said...

How wonderful! We will be having another baby soon! and this would be a fantastic theme!

~Hyla

Digital Misfit said...

Absolutely charming artwork. These pieces are of course perfect for a chic nursery, but also for adult wall space in need of cheering up!

heidig@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I love the artwork - perfect for a child's room.

heather said...

This is so Cute and would look great in my son's room!

heatherlw@gmail.com

Unknown said...

very cute! Her style is very different and unique

Kimmy said...

Oooh yes! I'm a mother of boys and this is fantastic.

Unknown said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

so cute. please enter me.

Anonymous said...

I love foxes!

Terri Fisher said...

What a whimsical little fox! Beautiful for a kid's room! Thanks!

tfisher83 AT myexcel DOT com

brave said...

April,

You have seriously introduced me to so many great artists. You need to stop it right now, because I'm running out of money! I need to win this giveaway, I am so in love with her art. Thanks for the introduction. Have a great day.

Heather

ChelMo said...

Fun pictures - especially the fox!

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO CUTE!!!

Jenny Hurst

Anonymous said...

so adorable and so boy! I know just where I'd put this... ;)

annie said...

So cute. Fun style.

Anonymous said...

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.
✫✫.•°*”˜˜”*°•.
✫ Love it!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable! My daughter would love this in her room. Her favorite animal is a fox. I think it could go anywhere in the house. I love all your paintings.