Tuesday, August 19, 2008

in the event of my death


When I die, if my life flashes before my eyes, I hope it includes today. It was just a Tuesday, mundane in so many ways. I ran with the running club and then Thom and I headed over to the beach to meet some friends. We must have had some sort of miscommunication because we never found them. So we were alone, on the beach, just Thom and I.

We talked a little about his upcoming birthday and our trip to Hawaii. We sat on our towels with outstretched legs and ate our sandwiches and watched the Junior Lifeguards practice. He said, "Mom, we're lucky to live at the beach huh?"

We went out into the rolling surf and jumped the waves for over an hour. My face hurt from all the laughing.

At home we had reading time and he fell asleep in my arms. I can count on my fingers the number of times he has allowed me to do this. He's not much of a cuddler, never has been.

I was flying high as a kite. And then I started cutting the fabric for my Amy Butler tunic. Well- that brought me down to earth pretty fast. After cutting out the front and back panel in a size 6-8, I realized that in Amy's world I am really a size 12. Damn, the Gap for tricking me into thinking I'm on the small side with their size 4 (a.k.a. 8) jeans!

If you are an itty bitty little thing, watch my blog. I may be selling an adorable tunic pretty soon.
Oh and as long as I'm putting in requests for my life movie, please Lord, leave out the sewing part and splice in a moment of me eating a coconut cupcake at 25th and Main.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Since we "discovered" 25 and Main together, I've driven past there about a dozen times. How I would LOVE to box up a dozen cocunut cupcakes and HAND deliver them to you. That will always bring fond memories of your visit.

Tell Thom that "Aunt" Jill says, "Yes, you are VERY lucky to live by the beach."

Thinking of you often and wishing you lived closer ... Jill