Monday, February 04, 2008

To see or not to see. . .

If I ever get pulled over in my car I'm really going to be screwed. My drivers licence says I'm supposed to be wearing glasses to drive. The thing is, I lost my glasses like- I don't know- two years ago.


The problem is my vision isn't so bad that it bothers me. I am near-sighted, ( or maybe far-sighted, I never did remember what is what) so I can see pretty good up close and things far away are just slightly fuzzy. But I really don't want to get in trouble with the law, and it would be nice to see every mole and sweat bead on the silver screen, so I broke down and ordered some new glasses. I went for very non-conservative frames, because
after all, I couldn't pass as conservative taking the sacrament on Sunday, and I like spice.


So here they are, color 08, eggplant purple. They are called "Gal Friday", and the company slogan is "Eye wear for the irreverent and slightly jaded". Sounds about right for me. Anyway, the frames on eyebobs aren't very expensive and they have great styles. I am planning on ordering some magnifying glasses to help me see all the teeny tiny silver pieces I look at for hours at a time.

No comments: